Today’s thankfulThursday prompt was to be thankful for health. My first reaction was to laugh it off. Thankful for health ? Was it a joke for an obese person like me , who also does almost negligible workout and can binge eat at any stress trigger.
But wait , isnt the real purpose of this prompt is to ignore the negatives and for a moment thank God/life/yourself for whatever blessing you have ? Phew ! So let’s see,
- I walk , talk , eat ,breathe , smile and sleep well.
- I have no fatal disease right now.
- I have some hormonal imbalances related to my weight but those can be fixed with diet and exercise.
- I am quite flexible with yoga poses and I enjoy them thrice a week.
- I have a good stamina to walk long distances, even if slow.
- I have good skin and hair so far. And with my current focus on natural products , I feel they are feeling a lot better.
And as Becca asks us to check what needa our focus ? Slow change or no easy result can lead to obsession on problems alone , but it should not be my excuse for not trying for a solution. I have not given up on myself yet , coz if not I , who will push me to be a better , healthier version of myself ?